Total Fire Ban declared - 30 November 2020
The Total Fire Ban, commencing at midnight tonight, covers the following councils:
- Central Ranges (Very High) — Bathurst, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Lithgow, Mid-Western, Oberon, Orange
- Northern Slopes (Very High) — Gunnedah, Gwydir, Inverell, Liverpool Plains, Tamworth
- North Western (Severe) — Moree Plains, Narrabri, Walgett, Warrumbungle
- Lower Central West Plains (Severe) — Bland, Forbes, Lachlan, Narromine, Parkes, Temora, Weddin, Dubbo
- Eastern Riverina (Severe) — Albury, Coolamon, Greater Hume, Junee, Lockhart, Wagga Wagga
- Southern Riverina (Severe) — Berrigan, Edward River, Federation, Murray River, Southern parts of Murrumbidgee
- Northern Riverina (Severe) — Carrathool, Griffith, Hay, Leeton, Narrandera, Northern parts of Murrumbidgee
The NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) provides the following advice:
- Under Severe and Very High fire conditions:
- Well prepared homes that are actively defended can provide safety during a fire
- Follow your Bush Fire Survival Plan and remain vigilant
- Keep informed by listening to local radio, watching television news broadcasts and monitoring www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
Please note: The NSW RFS may issue a Harvest Safety Alert for areas of heightened risk. Harvest operators should monitor conditions and regularly check that they are operating within guidelines.
No fires may be lit in the open and all fire permits are suspended during a Total Fire Ban. Gas and electric barbeques may be used provided certain conditions are met. Total Fire Ban rules and a map of current Total Fire Ban areas are listed at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
Local Land Services (LLS) is reminding livestock owners to still be prepared...
Before you drop a tidbit under the table, think about what it could do...
A TAFE NSW cyber security expert has unveiled his top five tips to protect...
I’ve been bushwalking most of my life and I prepare for every hike as...
A man who fled religious persecution in his native Tibet and found saf...
Firefly Express Coaches Firefly Express Coaches offers Daily Express Passenger Coach Services between Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.
Wagga Wagga Art Gallery Wagga Wagga Art Gallery inspires a vibrant, innovative and diverse Riverina arts culture. Visit today.
Victory Memorial Gardens The Victory Memorial Gardens were established in 1925 as a tribute to those who fought and died in the First World War.
Garden City Motor Inn Quiet location off the highway! For a relaxing time in Wagga Wagga, come and enjoy our family friendly hospitality.