Stay Safe on the Water this Easter Long Weekend
Requirements for carrying and wearing lifejackets vary depending on the type of vessel being used. All recreational vessels must carry an appropriate lifejacket for each person on board. Lifejackets must be the correct size for the wearer and must be in good condition.
The most common situations when a lifejacket must be worn on a recreational or hire and drive vessel are:
- on vessels under 4.8m at night, in open or alpine waters, and when boating alone
- by children under 12 years of age at all times in a vessel under 4.8m, and in an open area of a vessel 4.8m to 8m while underway
- on any vessel crossing a coastal bar
- on canoes and kayaks on all waters
- on sailboards and kiteboarding (when more than 400 metres from shore on open waters, when crossing a coastal bar or at night)
- by anyone being towed, such as waterskiing and wake boarding
- on personal watercraft, including tow-in surfer
- when directed by a master of a vessel.
Penalties apply for not carrying the required number of lifejackets and for not wearing a lifejacket when required.
Stuart Ayres MP,Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism and Western Sydney...
Wagga Wagga will soon have access to an expanded mobile pink slip tria...
Nominations close in 2 weeks and we don't want you to miss out!
Graffiti vandalism costs New South Wales over $300 million per year....
Garage Sale Trail is happening right across Australia on Saturday 19 &...
NSW Trustee & Guardian Book an appointment today with the Wagga Wagga branch to make or update your Will and Power of Attorney documents.
Rules Club Wagga You'll find our bistro, café, accommodation, function rooms, sports bar, gaming, bowling greens and live entertainment!
Think Conveyancing Wagga Wagga A conveyancing-only law firm, where top priority is to maximise your savings while minimising your legal risk. Call now.
Carinya Caravan Park A small rural park offering cabin or caravan style accommodation at very reasonable rates, call now!
Garden City Motor Inn Quiet location off the highway! For a relaxing time in Wagga Wagga, come and enjoy our family friendly hospitality.