How to be Pool Safe this Summer Season
Like all outdoor play the key to minimising accidents and incidents is active, engaged adult supervision at all times. Children have been known to drown in as a little as 5 centimetres of water.
Now that summer is here it is a good time to go through your water safety checklist. Use the list below to help decrease drowning hazards and ensure safe water play for children.
- Always give constant adult supervision when in or near water and within arm’s reach for children under five
- Remember floatation devices are not lifesaving devices
- Familiarise children with water and teach them to swim
- Learn resuscitation or take a refresher course
Also, if you own a backyard pool or visit one:
- Never leave items against the fence that children can use to climb up
- Always close the pool gate
- Check that the pool fence is in good condition and the gate is self-closing and self-locking
- Keep a CPR chart in the pool area
Did you know that some councils provide swimming programs for adults and children. Contact your local council for more information? Alternatively, visit Swim School Australia to locate your nearest swim school.
Stuart Ayres MP,Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism and Western Sydney...
Wagga Wagga will soon have access to an expanded mobile pink slip tria...
Nominations close in 2 weeks and we don't want you to miss out!
Graffiti vandalism costs New South Wales over $300 million per year....
Garage Sale Trail is happening right across Australia on Saturday 19 &...
Ball & Chain Barber Co Barber- Mobile Service in Wagga Wagga
Firefly Express Coaches Firefly Express Coaches offers Daily Express Passenger Coach Services between Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.
Stralia Web We have been tailoring solutions to meet your requirements since 1996! We will work with you every step of the way.
Carinya Caravan Park A small rural park offering cabin or caravan style accommodation at very reasonable rates, call now!
Garden City Motor Inn Quiet location off the highway! For a relaxing time in Wagga Wagga, come and enjoy our family friendly hospitality.