Funding to Support Community Volunteers in NSW
Minister Keenan said volunteers played a very important role in disaster preparation and recovery efforts.
“Since 2015, more than $13.5 million has been made available to NSW as part of the joint Commonwealth-State $52 million National Partnership Agreement (NPA) on Natural Disaster Resilience,” Mr Keenan said.
“Many natural disasters are unpredictable, but we can be better prepared. That’s why we’re working in partnership with state and local governments to reduce the destructive impacts of disasters like bushfires and floods.”
Minister Grant said community organisations played a vital role in the State’s disaster response and recovery capability.
“NSW community volunteers worked tirelessly following the devastating fires in February and severe flooding on the North Coast in March and April,” Mr Grant said.
“Training is essential to keep their skills current and to encourage additional volunteer participation.
“The successful organisations will now have extra resources to ensure they are better prepared for whatever Mother Nature has in store.”
The funding will support the following organisations:
- The Salvation Army for training SAES Team members (volunteers) to provide safe emergency catering and support to communities during emergencies;
- The Adventist Development and Relief Agency to provide emergency accommodation training;
- The Australian Red Cross for a variety of training and workshops for emergency management volunteers and leaders;
- Anglicare to train 700 volunteers for disaster recovery to extend capacity across the state; and
- The Disaster Recovery Chaplaincy Network (co-ordinated by the Uniting Church) to conduct seven, two-day disaster recovery chaplaincy courses for up to 56 new chaplains across NSW, and other training for existing chaplains.
Stuart Ayres MP, Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism and Western Sydney...
Stuart Ayres MP,Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism and Western Sydney...
Wagga Wagga will soon have access to an expanded mobile pink slip tria...
Nominations close in 2 weeks and we don't want you to miss out!
Graffiti vandalism costs New South Wales over $300 million per year....
Stralia Web We have been tailoring solutions to meet your requirements since 1996! We will work with you every step of the way.
Firefly Express Coaches Firefly Express Coaches offers Daily Express Passenger Coach Services between Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.
Ball & Chain Barber Co Barber- Mobile Service in Wagga Wagga
Garden City Motor Inn Quiet location off the highway! For a relaxing time in Wagga Wagga, come and enjoy our family friendly hospitality.
Carinya Caravan Park A small rural park offering cabin or caravan style accommodation at very reasonable rates, call now!