Wagga Wagga Community
For further information about volunteering please contact:
Wagga Wagga Volunteer Centre
C/-Community Resource Centre
PO Box 6
Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
T: 02 6921 1441
F: 02 6921 6680
Wagga Wagga City Council Services
Dog Off Leash Areas
Wagga Wagga City Council has six Off Leash Areas for the community’s dog owners to have suitable exercise and play facilities for their animals. By following the rules and guidelines, the use of the off leash areas can be an enjoyable time for both owners and dogs.
Off Leash areas
- The existing fenced dog run area located at Narrung Street on the southern boundary of the Wiradjuri Golf Centre driving range.
- Wilks Park, North Wagga Wagga; The area bound by the southern side of Parken Pregon Lagoon, the eastern side of Hampden Avenue and the northern side of Central Island Road.
- The Boat Club Reserve, Lake Albert; The area between Plumpton Road and the Boat Club car park on the southern side of Nelson Road.
- Willans Hill; The area bound by the east of Captain Cook Drive, the south of Beauty Point Avenue and all of Willans Hill Reserve south of Leavenworth Drive.
- O’Halloran Park, Lake Albert; The Dog Agility Track has fun, comprising obstacles such as weaving poles, seesaw, walking ramps and various level jumps. O’Halloran Park Dog Agility Track caters for a variety of doggy fitness levels.
- Forest Hill; The area at the intersection of Cypress Street and Kurrajong Avenue and adjoining the western side of Wagga Wagga RAAF base.
Off Leash Areas Rules and Guidelines
- Area is only available for use in daylight hours
- You must have control of your dog at all times. Even though it is an off leash area and you must prevent it from harassing, attacking and chasing other people or animals. Any attacks may result in a Dangerous Dog Declaration being placed on your dog and you may be liable for any damages.
- All faeces must be picked up and placed in the waste bins provided.
- Your dog must be wearing a collar with identification tags and be lifetime registered.
- Declared Dangerous Dogs are prohibited to be off leash in an off leash area.
- Restricted Breeds are prohibited to be off leash in an off leash area
- Where the areas are fenced, wheeled recreational devices and motor vehicles are prohibited.
- Any breach of these requirements could result in infringements being issued to owner and/or dog being impounded.
If you require further information please contact Regulatory Services on (02) 6926 9202.
Business Wagga Wagga
Wagga Wagga has around 4000 local businesses, mostly small to medium sized, that support a thriving local economy. Support services for these local businesses are available from a variety of sources.
Wagga Wagga has a varied workforce from skilled labour through to professionals in many industry sectors. And we need more of these skilled and professional people to fill the many opportunities on offer.
Our strong economy and our high unemployment levels means that labour turnover is low and employers can confidently spend money on training and up-skilling employees knowing that loyalty and job security has benefits both ways.
With a growing population it also means that small business operators have potential to buy into or set-up in small business and succeed. Business confidence has never been better.
Relocating / starting your own business
There are many reasons why you should consider Wagga Wagga as the place for your next business investment, but one of the key factors is that with 60,000 residents and a strong and active local economy, we are big enough to support your business but small enough to ensure you also have a great lifestyle.
Wagga Wagga City Council, Economic Development
or phone 1300 292 442
Wagga Wagga Business Chamber
or phone (02) 6921 3577
NSW Department of State and Regional Development
or phone (02) 6921 6422
Riverina Business Enterprise Centre
or phone (02) 6925 6588
or phone (02) 6921 1828
About Wagga Wagga Menu:
- The Name
- Did You Know?
- Sister Cities
- Murrumbidgee River
- City of Good Sports
- Suburbs & Villages
- Double Barrelled Place Names
- Defence City
- Gardens and Parks
- Trails, Walks, Tours